We are extremely proud of our heritage and history here at Ravello Numbers 1 and 2 St Margaret’s Street date back from the 17th century: two Grade-2-listed, two-storey buildings constructed in natural rubble stone, later converted into one building and with many beautiful features, such as the leaded windows, stone mullions, a natural-stone-tiled roof and, of course, the three gables.
This historic building actually began as three separate houses; an adjoining building was demolished in 1925 and developed into the Festival Gardens – much later remodelled into the Millennium Gardens, as we know them today.
Over the best part of four centuries, the premises has been used as a malt house and brewery, as a cycle shop, as a restaurant and tea rooms and as a sweet shop, café and bakery.
In 1931, the malt house known as The Queens Head Inn changed hands once more and was converted and re-opened the following year as a restaurant and tea rooms under the new name of The Three Gables and now the Ravello.
The building would change trades and owners and tenants a few more times.
The building was fully refurbished and lovingly restored with great care and respect for its historic character, once more becoming a focal point of the town it has served for almost four hundred years.
The restaurant, of which we are so proud, is relatively young but we are committed to preserving its place at the heart of this beautiful town and community for many years to come…